Atrophy is a condition of reduction in the size of cells after completing their life cycle. It is a physiological process where there is a breakdown and formation of new cells. However, if this condition occurs due to some underlying cause, it is called pathologic atrophy. Pathologic atrophy can be seen in various parts of the body, including the vagina. Thus, using the best vaginal care products to protect this sensitive part is significant for one's health.
What is vaginal atrophy?
Vaginal atrophy, also known as atrophic vaginitis, is where the lining of the vagina gets thin and dry. It causes dryness, burning, and itching of the vagina. It can also be the reason for pain during intercourse. Compromised vaginal care is the root cause of this condition. It is crucial to provide natural vaginal care to prevent such conditions.
What are the symptoms of vaginal atrophy?
Vaginal atrophy is a very uncomfortable condition for the individual because it not only affects the vagina but also causes urinary tract infections. It makes performing daily tasks irritating and uncomfortable for that person. If you have experienced or are experiencing the symptoms mentioned below, do not neglect them and start looking for the best vaginal cleanser available in the market.
The most common symptoms of vaginal atrophy include,
- A burning sensation
- Constant itching
- Abnormal staining or bleeding from the vagina
- Dyspareunia (pain during intercourse)
- Secretion of strange liquids from the vagina, most commonly a yellow discharge.
Other symptoms of vaginal atrophy include,
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Feeling pain during urination
- The frequent urge of urination
- Blood in urine
- Burning sensation during urination
- Stress incontinence
Causes of vaginal atrophy
Vaginal atrophy can have some physiologic as well as pathologic causes. Some of the most frequently observed causes include,
- Menopause: Due to menopause, the level of estrogen hormone in the body decreases. Estrogen is a mandatory factor for the growth and nourishment of the lining of the vagina. In the absence of this hormone, the lining layer of the vagina suffers diminution. Along with these symptoms, it can also cause the narrowing of the vaginal canal. Proper use of a vaginal dryness suppository can control this condition.
- Disturbance in vaginal fluid balance: Low estrogen level is responsible for disturbances in vaginal pH as it affects the acid balance. To avoid this condition, you need to apply some products for vaginal pH balance, like a pH vaginal wash.
- Breastfeeding mother: A woman who breastfeeds her baby can also suffer from vaginal atrophy. The reason behind this is that the process of breastfeeding also reduces the level of estrogen in the body, which can affect vaginal health adversely.
- Oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries): Ovaries are the source of origin of reproductive hormones, including estrogen. Removal of ovaries makes your vagina more susceptible to dryness and infections. You need to use vaginal cleansing wipes and vaginal lubrication products to avoid discomfort in such a situation.
- Others: Other causes of vaginal atrophy include smoking and taking certain medications with antiestrogen properties, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and lack of sexual intercourse. Vaginal atrophy can be avoided by regularly using a natural vaginal moisturizer or a herbal vaginal cleanse.
How can you diagnose if you have vaginal atrophy?
In the absence of a natural vaginal cleanser, you might encounter vaginal atrophy very soon. Healthcare professionals can diagnose your vaginal atrophy based on the symptoms and pelvic examinations. Use of vaginal detox pearls, vaginal moisturizers, and an organic vaginal wash can help you protect the most delicate part of your body. Some diagnostic characteristics of vaginal atrophy consist,
- Shortening and narrowing of the vagina
- Redness, dryness, and swelling of the vagina
- Loss of stretching capacity of the vaginal skin
- Whitish yellow discoloration from the vagina
- The sparsity of the pubic hair
- The bulky back wall of the vagina
- Vulvar lesions and patches
- Urethral lesions
- Cuts near the skin of the vagina
Some clinical tests used for vaginal atrophy diagnosis
- Pap test
- Urine sample
- Serum hormone testing
- Vaginal pH examination
- Microscopic examination
What are the treatment options for vaginal atrophy?
The use of vaginal lubricant can help you get rid of vaginal itching.
The best quality vaginal soothing cream, vaginal moisturizing suppositories, and vitamin E oil for vaginal dryness also help when it comes to vaginal atrophy.
You should consult a specialist who can recommend vaginal suppositories for dryness and vaginal detox from a reputed brand with 100% effectiveness.
Vaginal candidiasis treatment, vaginal yeast infection medicine, and the best vaginal wash are recommended in case of infections.
Along with such preventive agents, you can also use a natural vaginal wash, vaginal dryness products, and an organic vaginal moisturizer for improvement.
The range of organic vaginal care and vaginal wash products at Millennial Naturals are completely safe and have produced excellent results. Use honey pot vaginal wash and vaginal cleansing pearls to rejuvenate your yoni.