How to Increase Vaginal Moisture?
The vagina is one of the most sensitive and delicate parts of the body and hence requires utmost care. However, many women face problems related to the vagina that can lead to irritation and an uneasy feeling if not treated. One such issue that many women encounter is a lack of vaginal moisture, also known as vaginal dryness.
If you're one of those women who face constant vaginal problems due to dryness, we got you. This article is a complete guide on how you can increase your vaginal moisture by reducing dryness and irritation. It will also help you understand your vaginal health and how you can improve it using our products.
What is vaginal moisture?
Vaginal moisture is a thin coat of moisture present on the inner lining of your vagina. This layer has several protective functions that help to keep the vagina healthy and free from any bacterial infections.
Here are a few crucial functions of the moisture layer in the vagina:
- It helps maintain the vaginal pH balance, especially during external insertions or activities like sexual intercourse.
- It is a long-acting lubricant that helps prevent chronic drying, thus preventing intense itching and irritation.
- This thin layer also has antibacterial properties that help prevent bacterial infections.
- It helps clean the vagina by secreting mucus that helps prevent irritation, itching, or any discomfort.
What are the impacts of vaginal moisture?
Lack of vaginal moisture can lead to severe discomfort and irritation that further affects vaginal health. However, there are several other effects that vaginal dryness can have on your body, and the most common ones are listed below:
- Irritation and pain during sexual intercourse
- Burning sensations and soreness
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Vaginal itching and light bleeding
Although many women ignore these effects and continue with their everyday lives, it is not safe. If the irritation persists for more than two weeks, you need to seek medical advice. Or else the vaginal dryness will keep increasing and tear your vaginal tissues, which could lead to serious health issues.
What reduces vaginal moisture?
To increase vaginal moisture, you must first know what products or activities reduce it. Several products, activities, and lifestyle changes can deplete and weaken vaginal moisture, further affecting your vaginal health.
The most prominent cause of vaginal drying is the decrease of estrogen in the body during menopause. Many women encounter this issue a few years before their menopause, also known as the premenopausal stage. Apart from this, several other lifestyle activities can lead to vaginal dryness, a few of which are listed below:
- Cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption
- Extreme stress
- Childbirth followed by breastfeeding
- Depression and other mental instabilities
- Heavy exercise
- Some types of cancer treatments
- Removal of the ovaries surgically
- Excessive sexual activities
How can you increase your vaginal moisture?
There are two ways to increase your vagina moisture:
- By reducing activities that cause vaginal dryness
- Using vaginal lubrication products that build up the moisture
Let us discuss both of these in detail to understand them better.
By reducing activities that cause vaginal dryness
This method does not require the application of any external product and helps in increasing vaginal dryness by imbibing a few lifestyle changes. Reducing or eliminating certain activities mentioned below can help you tackle this problem with ease.
- By reducing your alcohol consumption and smoking
- Relieving excessive stress with the help of therapy
- By reducing sexual activities or using heavy lubricants while doing so.
- Preventing the use of nonoxynol-9 condoms that contribute to vaginal dryness.
- By reducing heavy or excessive physical exercise.
These were a few easy lifestyle changes that can help reduce vaginal dryness. However, this method is not highly effective and cannot guarantee results. And hence the second method, which is highly effective, comes into the picture.
Use of vaginal lubrication products
As the name suggests, this method involves using external vaginal lubricants and moisturizers that improve the moisture content in the vagina. These natural vaginal moisturizers and lubes create a smooth atmosphere inside the vagina that helps reduce dryness, further preventing irritation and discomfort.
Here are a few uses of these vaginal lubrication products:
- These products help maintain the optimal vaginal pH for keeping the moisture layer intact.
- It also has antibacterial properties that help to clean the vagina and prevent bacterial infections.
- It helps in rehydrating the inner wall of your vagina, further reducing vaginal dryness.
Natural vaginal moisturizers mimic the secretion of the vagina, and hence are successful in maintaining an optimum atmosphere for a healthy vagina. But since the vagina is one of the most sensitive parts of your body, you must select the best products for yourself.
At Millennial Naturals, we offer the best natural vaginal moisturizers and several other feminine health products that help you take care of your vaginal health. Our products contain natural organic ingredients and are mild and don’t have harmful effects on the vagina.
So if you're facing problems due to uncontrollable vaginal drying, check out our shop section for the best vaginal lubrication products. Happy shopping!